Sunday 8 January 2012

Shifting Sands from Climping, West Sussex to The Bluff, KwaZulu Natal



From the wild shingly sands at Climping Gap, West Sussex to the long expanse of soft sands and rolling surf on The Bluff, Durban, KwaZulu Natal.

Lin, my neighbour, and I walk most mornings at 8 am along the beautiful, deserted beach at Climping Gap.  Each time we marvel at the amazing sunrises over our beach and each day shows another wonder.
The Shifting Sands move with the tide and we see the landscapes changing daily.  Its a magical place.  We are so lucky.


So why would Barry and I want to leave our lovely family & friends and this paradise and travel 24hours across Europe and Africa to stay on another beach?

Its because Africa gets under your skin.  You just have to go back.  Its the people, animals, and landscapes. Its the possibility of hearing a lion roar, or a hippo grunt. Just the noise of Africa and even just going to Johannesburg airport again excites me.

So we have left our footprints in the sand at Climping and are travelling to the rolling surf on The Bluff.

If I hold a single grain of sand
And wonder what it means
And if I had the eyes to see
And brain to understand
I think Life's mystery might be
Solved in this grain of sand


The Sands of Time

No comments: